Monday, July 20, 2009

Xavi and Andrei on their way? Dullness rumble on...

"Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso has joined up with his team-mates for their pre-season tour of the Far East but the Real Madrid target has still left a question mark over his future at the club. He told Spanish newspaper AS: 'It is always a great feeling when Madrid want you, especially considering the phase of the career I am in now.
'But at this point, whether or not that can happen is not up to me. It's a matter that involves three parties, including myself. I do not like to force the issue. I prefer to talk.'"

Translation: "Rafa will not let me go! He will not let me go! Let me go! Let me go!

Hull City are keen on Liverpool striker Andriy Voronin but want the Ukraine international on loan rather than as a permanent signing.Full story: Daily Mirror

Our thoughts: Not bothered really...

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill says Liverpool did not lodge a bid for Gareth Barry before the midfielder's move to Manchester City.Full story: Daily Express

We think: Oh Marting, shut up...

All these can be found at:
BBC SPORT Football Gossip Monday's gossip column

No comments: